Welcome to Preschool for All!
We have a fun year planned full of engaging themes, hands-on activities, and field trips. Please see the parent handbook for an outline of our curriculum and daily routine, classroom policies, as well as events and field trips.
If you have any questions or concerns, please contact me by phone, email, or written note.
Phone: 708-423-3078 (leave a voicemail or message)
Tuesday* -- Gym
Wednesday** -- Library
Thursday -- Art
Friday -- Computers
Tuesday -- Art
Wednesday** -- Computers
Thursday* -- Gym
Friday -- Library
*Library Books Due: AM Tues/PM Thurs
**Literacy Packets Due on Wednesdays
Show and Tell Dates:
The first Monday (that school is in session) of every month. No Show &Tell for Sept. Please do not bring items larger than student's back pack, and do not bring weapons or expensive items. Student is responsible for thier Show & Tell toy for the day.
Activities for Home
With your child…
• sing the alphabet on your way to school.
• form shapes with playdough or blocks.
• identify shapes, colors, letters, or patterns as you and your child take walks or play at the park, clean up toys, or read a book.
• encourage your child to assist in cooking or baking, allowing them to help measure, count, mix, and play.
• use describing words when talking with your child (example: please hand me the yellow, square block).
• help your child write notes to family members.
• read books every day and help your child make predictions about the story.
When you ask, “What did you do at school today?” how does your preschooler respond? We are very busy in our classroom and we hope they share the fun with you at home! Here are suggestions to get the conversation going:
• What did you eat for snack today? (snack is one of our favorite times and we try lots of new things!)
• What songs did you sing today?
• Tell me about the book you read at story time today.
• Where did you exercise today? (park, gym, or classroom)
• Did you go to library, art, computer lab, or gym today?
• What areas did you play in during work time today? (kitchen, art/paint, blocks/Magnatiles, sand/water)
• Did you have a class job today? (line leader, door holder, plant helper, maraca shaker)
Important Dates & Reminders
• May 24 - Fun Day, PreK attends from 9am-11am
• May 29 - PreK Celebration & Last Day of School
•AM Tues/PM Thurs - Library books due
• Literacy Packets - Due Weds
• Family Activities Due - 2nd Thurs of month
• Reading Log Due - Last Weds of month
At the beginning of each month, a Family Activity and a Reading Log is sent home with students. Family Activities are designed with the goal of increasing family togetherness by working creatively at home, as well as increasing your child’s fine motor skills (no Family Activity for December or March). Reading logs encourage children and parent to read books at home. We encourage you to read every day; or go to the local library to find books that interest your child. Please return reading log at the end of the month. At the end of the school year, students will receive a special prize for turning in their reading logs.
There are three Parent Involvement events per school year: Pumpkin Decorating (Oct); Gingerbread Houses (Dec); and End of School Year Celebration (May).
Thank you, parents and guardians, for your help and efforts in making your child's first preschool experiences so meaningful and exciting!