HAPPY MARCH! HAPPY SPRING!Ms. Ternes - ROOM #2I am so proud of each one of you!
Welcome to our Second Grade Classroom!
Hi everyone, it's Ms. Julie Ternes! I am so happy to be back in school with all of you whether it is in-person or online! I'm looking forward to an exciting and successful school year. We have so much to learn, so much to do, and so much fun is waiting for us here in Room 2.
I believe that a child's success in the classroom is intertwined with parent involvement, and I encourage you to contact me at school or via email at any time with questions or concerns.
My email address is email@example.com
Thank you for giving me the gift of teaching your child. Our classroom really is like our own little school family.
Thanks for visiting our website!
- We will have a milk break and a small snack each day at 9:30am to 9:45am. If your child does not order milk, you may send them with a juice or water. Please remember to send a separate drink for lunch.
- Please send your child with a filled water bottle every day. They can refill the water bottle if needed.
- Please remember to have a clean mask on for school daily.
- School begins at 8:15am and ends at 1:45pm
- Our classroom has 6 Group A students (T & Th), 6 Group B students (W & F), and 5 Full Remote students (M - F)
- Our class ZOOM meetings begin at 8:30am daily
- Unfortunately due to Covid 19, your child may NOT bring in special treats on their birthday, but we will celebrate and sing in class! We will continue to revisit this as the year goes on. There are 17 children in our classroom.
Please check your child's folder each night and keep it clean. Return any homework that is due on the next school day.
Each student will have Seesaw activities to complete daily on their devices.
Lexia/Dreambox, Raz-Kids 60 minutes each per week
Please continue to read to someone 20 minutes a night.
Study your sight word lists.
9:00 - 9:30 a.m. daily
Monday: Seesaw: Art, Library, and Gym Assignmnets
*On Tuesday/Wednesday your child will be able to check a book out from the Library. Please return any gold forms to school and be sure they are signed. This will ensure your child is able to check out the books.